Masterkey will be participating this year during Cityscape Global as the associate sponsor of the Real Estate Brokers Summit.
On September 22 at 11:40 am, Daniel Hart, Masterkey’s Chief Executive Officer, will be speaking about The Integrated Enterprise, and how creating a comprehensive, consolidated information platform is essential for running a smooth real estate brokerage operation.
In today’s market, maximising your time is the key to your success, and real estate brokers need to be able to effectively and efficiently manage their network of clients, agents and property listings all on one platform. The presentation will be covering portfolio management, lease administration, project, asset, energy and facility management.
During this session, we will also illustrate all the possible integrations that can happen under one software, including integrations with governmental systems such as EJARI, and how it is possible to create a solution designed to make everything easier and far more intuitive for everyone.
Don’t miss our presentation! We promise it will be interesting, fun and nothing nearly boring! Join us at on September 22, at 11:40 am. See you there!
For almost as long as Masterkey has been around you’ve had the ability to manage “Activities”. This allowed you to create and manage tasks either for yourself or for your colleagues within your real estate business. Instead of using an external task management tool, activities could be assigned to your team as needed, directly from inside Masterkey.
Workflow is the ultimate refinement of activities within Masterkey. You can now map out your internal steps that are needed for different processes, for example for every time you're listing a unit or every time there’s a transaction.
Let’s assume a new listing comes to your agency. Next, a team needs to go onsite, inspect the unit and take pictures. Later, another team needs to double check and publish the listing online. Then another set of steps need to be taken when a tenant or a buyer comes. A number of documents need to be collected from the landlord/owner and from the tenant/buyer. Not to mention, the sequence of activities are as important as the actual transaction to make sure everything is done smoothly. (So many things to do and documents to submit by different people!)
In summary, to list, inspect, publish and complete the transaction of a unit, there is a sequence of tasks that need to be done, requiring the collaboration of different departments and different persons along the way.
Workflows allow your team to automate the creation of these processes and activities, and you can manage the overall operation. You can now define different lists of activities for different types of jobs, where at each stage, one individual or group will be responsible for the completion of a specific task. Once a task is completed, Masterkey will notify the next responsible group or individual to execute their stage of the process. The notifications for newly assigned tasks play the key role in the smooth running of the defined workflow.
It will save your team the headache of finding tasks amongst the hundreds of emails received a day, and you can stop noting down things you have to do on stickies and to-do lists! By automating your workflow, you have one streamlined mode of communication, and one common dashboard where all your incoming and outgoing requests are placed, along with details about which stage in the business process they are at.
Want to start using Workflows? Go the help section here to learn how:
Otherwise we’re always available to help you train and implement this inside your company!
As companies grow in scale and operations, the need for a central system connecting different teams, processes and software becomes more important. Large organizations need to run all operations in sync with each other, and to eliminate inefficiencies caused by transferring data between systems manually.
At Masterkey, we’ve experienced this trend with a lot of our larger customers (and some smaller ones too) who operate multiple concurrent systems to manage their real estate business.
A commonly seen example is a property manager using an accounting system to manage profit and loss reports for his numerous landlords. Masterkey handles the listing, marketing, lease and transaction processes seamlessly: a rent schedule is printed, the cheques are collected and stored, and an Ejari contract is printed and signed. All within the Masterkey system.
At this point, the cheques are physically handed over to the accounts team, which keys them one by one into their accounts software (so much data entry!). Not only that, when they are banked, the accounts team notifies (so many emails!) the front-office staff so that they can update the cheque status inside Masterkey (so much more data entry!). If a cheque bounces, accounts will notify front-office (who by this time are drowning in emails notifying them of each cheque and scurrying to update the individual status inside Masterkey!) and they will have to ask the tenant to deposit a new cheque, only for the cycle to repeat itself.
Imagine if you could eliminate all of the manual data entry and painfully large email exchange. Imagine if your accounting system and your CRM system could ‘speak’ and let each other know automatically when payments are due, when they clear out and when they bounce… Just imagine.
Masterkey is built to connect to a host of external systems. These can include everyday accounting systems for small companies (Xero, Sage, Peachtree, Tally and the like), all the way up to enterprise systems (Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains, Oracle Financials and the like), and most things in between (IP Phone and call center systems, Human Resource, Facility Management, custom websites, kiosks and self-serve portals).
We do this via an intricate and extensive api layer that helps Masterkey connect with external systems in a completely secure and robust way. Data flows are seamless, and you control how often you want updates, and in which direction.
Speak to one of our consultants today for a free evaluation of your internal systems and how we can make your processes happy and joyous!
Version 188.8.131.52 (15/06/2014)
- New Columns to show Renewal Notices sent date and status have been added on sidebar.
- Edit Permissions have been included on top of Portfolio access for Unit Records.
- General Complaints and Improvements.
Version 184.108.40.206 (01/06/2014)
- New: We now have an ability to send email notifications to a tenant/buyer when a cheque has bounced.
- New: We now have the ability to send renewal notices from the upcoming renewals sidebar report.
- General complaints and improvements.
Version 220.127.116.11 (18/05/2014)
- New: You can now replace an existing cheque with the new cheque without having to mark the old cheque as bounced. (Swap Cheque).
- New: You can now copy the work order communication to multiple users through portfolio and property files.
- New: We now have the activity predecessor feature on portfolio.
- New: You can now add custom fields on work order file.
- You're now able to sort portfolios by 'date added' which will give you the all important ability of seeing which portfolio has been added recently.
- Improvements to work order file to make it more simpler and easier to use.
- The entered user will now have the access on that portfolio when entering a new portfolio.
Version 18.104.22.168 (04/05/2014)
- New: You now have the ability to define standard templates for marketing descriptions. This will help in maintaining the consistency of marketing description used for publishing units on websites and portals.
- New: We now have a new display for Ejari Errors with custom messages along with the ability to send the errors directly to Ejari team.
- Small property management changes and bug fixes.
Version 22.214.171.124 (20/04/2014)
- New: You can now batch upload units in property management module directly.
- You can now replace a receipt that is linked with multiple invoices.
- We can now set the vacating date (the date upon which the unit automatically changes from upcoming to available per group.
- You can add Bank account details on listing a portfolio.
- You can now group update marketing agent.
- You can now save activities on a unit file without saving the unit file.
- Many small changes in Property management module along with bug fixes for all modules.
Version 126.96.36.199 (24/03/2014)
- New: Using group update you can now increase the rent amount by percentage.
- New: You can now print and email the schedule of due payments for a lease transaction that can be printed and given to a tenant.
- You can now view portfolio details from the unit file.
- Several bug fixes and small enhancements.
Version 188.8.131.52 (09/03/2014)
- New: You can now update DM services through group update tool.
- New: Activity category and activity type are both now show in a same drop down to save time when adding activities.
- Email address is now made non mandatory when adding a new contact through mobile site.
- Customer complaints and small enhancements to improve the efficiency of the system.
Version 184.108.40.206 (23/02/2014)
- New: You can now select marketing agent to advertise the unit without effecting the listing agent and commission.
- New: You can now do renewals in Ejari from Masterkey.
- Minor corrections for new navigation, general account's integration and for property management module.
- Several enhancements and bug fixes.
Version 220.127.116.11 (9/02/2014)
- New: You can add remarks on the unit files through group update.
- New: Contract rent amount field is now editable in transaction file.
- Speed optimization for the work order file.
- Improvements to Arabic version.
- Several small enhancements for property management.
- Bugs fixes and database requests.
Version 18.104.22.168 (26/01/2014)
- New: Images/documents can now be stored on Azure data storage.
- New: You can group update listing agent in any status.
- New: Contract rent amount is now editable on the transaction file.
- Locations will pre-populate when you add a property from the Unit.
- Several other bug fixes and updates.
Version 22.214.171.124 (12/01/2014)
- New: We now have the ability to show or hide fields on Add contact sidebar panel as per the group.
- Several small enhancements in the system.
- The build was more focused to include mostly complaints received from all customers along with some minor improvements for property management.
Version 126.96.36.199 (29/12/2013)
- Ejari: You can now renew the Ejari tenancy contract inside from Masterkey.
- New: "Registration of Interest" page is now available which will help any customer in thier launching activities.
- The build was more focused to include mostly complaints received from all corners along with some minor improvements for property management, New Navigation and Report Builder.
Version 188.8.131.52 (15/12/2013)
- You can now select the reason for bounced bheque. The drop down is parameterized to ensure standard reasons are fed.
- You can now select payment mode while replacing the bounced cheque.
- New Navigation has been enabled for all groups.
- We can now update Ejari integration from the service URL anytime from a variable in the configuration file without making any change in the code.
- In Payment History you can now check the details of replaced receipts via link.
- History paging issue has been fixed for Payments History.
- Map saving error on property files has been rectified.
- Several other bug fixes and DB updates.
Version 184.108.40.206 (01/12/2013)
- New: Payment Upgrades (Bounce Cheque functionality) has been released to all customers.
- New: You can now generate, print and view tenancy contract details (Ejari) from Masterkey.
- New: You can now attach documents in work order and portfolio file by using the new document's tab in work order and portfolio file.
- New: You can now group update images in property management.
- New: You can now communicate tenants and landlords as per listing agent and portfolio manager by using Mass Email Communication tool.
- Many small upgrades for property management module.
- Several bug fixes and DB updates.
Version 220.127.116.11 (17/11/2013)
- Enhancements in Report Builder functionality.
- Minor corrections in new navigation.
- We can now control the user access on Ejari's Tab.
- Several small enhancements and bug fixes.
Version 18.104.22.168 (03/11/2013)
- Ejari Integration: You can now generate Ejari tenancy contract from Masterkey.
- You now search leased and reserved units from unit zone(STR).
- Minor improvements in work order SMS functionality.
- Several enhancements and small bug fixes.
Version 22.214.171.124 (20/10/2013)
- New: Add tenancy contract for Ejari is now available group 1825.
- Improvements in report builder. You can now create reports for contacts with and without leads.
- Several complaints and small enhancements.
Version 126.96.36.199 (06/10/2013)
- New: New navigation has now been lived for all customers.
- New: The login page has been polished up and made responsive.
- New: You can now customize the SMS for Buyer and Tenant through communication tool.
- New: An upgrade to auto correspondence, allowing you to customize SMS templates for work order notifications.
- Updates to bounce cheque functionality.
- Several small enhancements and bug fixes.
Version 188.8.131.52 (22/09/2103)
- New: You now have a status on contract builder which will give the companies the ability to generate mail-merge templates for units in any status.
- Improvements to property management module.
- Improvements to short term rental module.
- Upgrades to bounce cheque functionality.
- Ejari upgrades.
- Several database requests and bug fixes.
Version 184.108.40.206 (08/09/2013)
- Ejari Integration phase 1 including activation/viewing and termination of tenancy contract is now been available on the testing server.
- You can now add custom fields in the reference detail tab of transaction file (Account's Module).
- New UI changes on transaction wizard as a part of bounce cheque functionality.
- Several bug fixes and small enhancements.
Version 220.127.116.11 (25/08/2013)
- New: You can now search with receipt number in account's module.
- A new place holder to restrict features on the unit card has been introduced.
- Small improvements for property management module.
- Improvements to security upgrades, new add lead, bounce cheque and report builder tool.
- General bug fixes and enhancements to improve the efficiency of the system.
Version 18.104.22.168 (12/08/2013)
- New: Data security upgrade: You can now set your users to be able to view/Hide unit numbers for other listings.
- New: You can now set Mandatory payments with receipts at the time of transaction (Leased or Sold)
- Improvements in new add activity and lead, contact look up and report builder.
- Small enhancements and several bug fixes.
Version 22.214.171.124 (29/07/2013)
- New: We've made a few upgrades that both improve data security and to provide you with better support.
- New: Responsive email template is now available for all customers.
- You can now track system usage per user and group through Google analytics.
- Listing Agent is now available as column in the smart side bar reports for property management.
- Improvements in new add activity and lead, contact look up and report builder.
- Small enhancements and several bug fixes.
Version 126.96.36.199 (14/07/2013)
- Mobile unit card templates have now been pushed testing servers for final testing.
- Direct marketing option is now available in batch upload tool.
- You can now add bank account information of landlord on the portfolio.
- Small fixes and several enhancements.
On behalf of all Masterkey team, we wish you to have a very blessed Ramadan!
Ramadan Office Hours: 9:00 am - 3:30 pm
Emergency Line: +971 50 458 0335
Over the past few weeks, we’ve been busy making some improvements to our invoice and payment management features, making them more advanced. It is now easier to maintain a full audit and a reporting trail of all the changes in your invoices.
Earlier this year, we introduced a feature to mark payments as bounced, and replace bounced cheques with new ones. With this week’s release, you can now instantly send an email notification to tenants or buyers advising them that their cheque has been rejected by the bank.
As soon as you mark a cheque as bounced, inform the concerned party immediately by sending them an email notification that the cheque didn’t clear. In addition to the text email sent, a notice letter will be attached as a PDF file. These notice letters can be customized from the Communication Templates Parameter inside System Admin. We’ve added a few default templates for you so you can start using the feature immediately.
Check out our knowledge base articles here to learn how to send notifications for bounced cheques, and here to learn how to setup Communication Templates.
Nothing makes work processes easier or faster than templates! We all love them! No need to think of texts, descriptions, words, and most importantly, it’s the best way to avoid writing errors!
We have just released Marketing Templates, an advanced feature under the marketing description field for units. You can now make sure your company is maintaining a professional image across all marketing channels and property portals, by predefining marketing descriptions consistently.
As a manager or an agency owner, you may want to define standard marketing description templates in order to maintain the consistency of the published marketing text, and reduce the risk of typos, grammar, and other copywriting errors. Your company image will benefit incredibly from it, and you will be able to fine tune your communication!
As an agent, you would love having predefined marketing templates, because it will save you time and the hassle of coming up with marketing descriptions everytime you need to add a unit and publish it to a portal. You can now get your work done faster, and publish units seamlessly!
So, predefine your marketing communications templates, and with one click, you will be able to insert texts such as:
- Template which are automatic predefined unit descriptions
- Property Overview
- Community Overview
- Agent Signature
- Company’s profile
Go to the help section here, to learn more about how to use Marketing Templates. and Click here to learn more about how to add Marketing Templates from System Admin.
In the last few months and due to popular demand, we’ve been hard at work to revamp and streamline the lease renewal process inside Masterkey. This week’s release includes the first of a series of improvements that will facilitate renewals for Property Managers.
You can now send one or multiple renewal notices via email to tenants whose leases are expiring soon, all from the Upcoming Renewals sidebar report.
By selecting a single or multiple leases and clicking ‘Send Renewal Notice’, an email composer will open with the tenant’s name and email address pre-filled and the renewal letter attached as a PDF. You can select up to 50 leases and send renewal notices as a batch at once!
“Did I send that renewal notice 90 days before the lease expires?” Stop wondering! Simply keep track of when the renewal letter was first sent for each lease. Reminders can still be sent, but the system will track the first notice sent, since it is the one that matters as per the 90-day-period notice ceiling.
Managing notices is now much easier and straightforward. Just add a “Notice Sent On” column in the field selection, and keep an eye on the date these notices were sent. You can even follow the person who initially sent these notices.
Excited to do things faster? Go to the our knowledge base here and check out the details on how to send renewal notices to your tenants.
Productivity is a common distressing subject for any real estate professional. Running from one apartment to the other, entering notes onto your smartphones (that you never really have time to look at anyway, or if you do you would completely forget what that note was about in the first place). Your documents are randomly stored on your desktop, you use time consuming spreadsheets, and waste so much time on paperwork. If you ever wish to grow your income, close more deals, and spend your valuable time on making actual money, you have to start considering using an organized system that will hack your productivity.
So how do you organize your work with Masterkey? How can you increase your productivity and consequently save time and energy to invest in money-making activities rather than unproductive paperwork?
Activities Management: Start by automating your task follow-up and call lists. “I set immediate reminders that are very helpful and assign tasks and distribute work to team members,” said Smitha Sanil from Better Homes. “Automatic reminders for follow-ups and lease expiry dates are all great features that we use.” With Masterkey’s activity management system, we estimate you can save up to 40 minutes per day.
A Solid Client Database: “Who is it on the phone? Oh we spoke yesterday at 10:00? You want to buy a house? Oh! Yeah yeah!” Don’t you just want to avoid these awkward conversations? Capture your new leads immediately into your CRM system along with all their related data. Automate the follow-up with your clients and call them first, instead of guessing who they are and providing disappointing service. Improve your follow-up procedure and timing by simply logging a call with notes. All your interactions can be captured directly so you don’t lose touch, or even worse lose that lead. We estimate that using Masterkey CRM will save you up to 30 minutes a day.
A Mobile Solution available everywhere: You are a real estate professional and spend most of your time on the move. From an apartment to a villa, attending trainings, networking… Do you actually ever sit in front of your desktop? “Using the mobile access is just perfect to me! I am never at the office, so the mobile version allows me to capture my client data and manage all my leads instantly from my phone” says Marija Lukic, from Property Shop Investment. How awesome is that? Making these features available online and on the move, could save you the one-hour drive to the office and back and at least 30 minutes of computer work.
At Masterkey, we want to support your time hacking and create that culture of productivity in your office. We just gave you a way to save 2 hours and 40 minutes a day. How many more deals will you close with all that extra time?
There may be situations where you need another agent to be the advertising and contact person for your listings. Masterkey has recently released Marketing Agent, a new feature that allows agents to advertise their listings through another colleague.
When would this feature be useful?
In the UAE it is mandatory to have a RERA license to advertise listings onto property websites. Suppose you just joined the agency and your RERA license number hasn’t been issued yet. How would you advertise and publish your listings to get leads? This is not a problem anymore. Advertise your listings temporarily through one of your colleagues, by simply ticking the Marketing Agent box.
Annual leaves. Vacations. Maternity leaves... Whether you’re an agent planning to go on holiday, or a sales manager whose team members are going on leave, you don’t need to worry about losing leads anymore. With the Marketing Agent feature, the listings of the agent on leave can be assigned to another agent with a click. You can now go on vacation and actually enjoy!
Many companies are now moving towards more area specialisation, and the Marketing Agent feature comes in real handy. Say an agent got a listing for a unit located in Dubai Marina, but you would rather have another agent who is specialized in Dubai Marina area promote the listing. You can now assign it to him with Marketing Agent.
Interested? Go to the help section here to check out the step by step guide on how to market a listing on property portals with the contact details of another agent.